Leadership and Teamwork @ Sea
Across industries, demonstrating leadership skills is key to thriving in an existing role as well as to being promoted to new roles. Strong leadership skills can be the determining factor that causes one employee to rise the ranks while other employees who lack these skills stagnate in their careers. Learning maritime leadership skills can bolster professional development throughout other career fields.
This course provides students with awareness and understanding of the key human factors influencing effective resource management. During the course you will acquire and develop tools and practical skills to enhance your maritime resource management capability.
This course provides the key leadership and people management skills needed for senior managers to develop motivated teams, provide guidance on efficient utilization of personnel, encourage behavioral change, and develop effective communication. The objective is to provide participants with support, guidance, and inspiration for co-leading themselves and others.
The course takes full account of the detailed outline set in D.18. part of the Regulation on ranks and certification of seafarers (Official Gazette Montenegro number 55/2013).
- The course is fully compliant with the IMO Model Course 1.39.
- The training program and methodology has been certified by the University Of Aegean.
- Participants after the successful completion of the course will obtain a Certification of Attendance by the Center of Life-long Learning of University of Aegean.
- Participants will obtain the Certification of Attendance after written and oral assessments of their learned skills and knowledge.
The course is designed to meet STCW requirements for the application of leadership and team working skills, in accordance with the 2010 Manila Amendments, specifically as stated
- in tables A-II/1 and A-III/1 – Function: Controlling the operation of the ship and care for persons on board at the operational level
- and tables A-II/2 and A-III/2 – Function: Use of leadership and managerial skills.
It will cover all pertinent areas of senior leadership concepts, techniques, and skills as currently reflected in academic writings and as collected from “real life” experiences of individuals who have been in positions of leadership. Additionally, the course provides communication, interpersonal conduct, and meeting/group interaction techniques and skills that assist and augment the attendee’s efforts to be a successful, safe, and effective leader.